Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sequels and Zombies

Today, I discovered 2 things...one, the script I'm writing is actually a sequel. I'm not quite sure how that happened, but I suppose it's good to realize that early on. I'm not entirely sure if the first film will ever get written, but I think it's good for a script to know it's mother...even if she'll never exist.

The second thing I discovered was a trailer for a videogame titled Dead Island. I don't know much about the game and the trailer certainly doesn't help in that regard...outside of the fact it's about zombies on an island. However, the trailer in and of itself is pretty durn cool...if you're into that sort of thing.



One of the aspects I like so much is it's non-linear nature. It tells a story and pulls you by making you question what you're seeing and who the people are. Plus it uses slow motion and sound very well. But that wasn't good enough for some people who cut it up and put it back together in chronological order. (thanks to Seth for the linky)


And when you watch it that way, it's a little "meh"..standard story.. zombie meets girl, girl runs screaming, zombie bites girl, girl bites daddy, daddy throws girl through window...just like you've seen a hundred times over. So really, it's a one trick pony, but that just reinforces the notion that It's All In The Execution 'cause that one trick? It's dynamite.

No comments:

Post a Comment