Thursday, August 18, 2011

Trailer Clowns

Speaking of music and trailers, I found this a while ago, left a message for myself and then forgot to give me the message. The editor chose great music. I didn't hear about this film, but it's out there somewhere....fascinating, I'll have to go In Search Of.

The Man Who Never Cried - Teaser Trailer from The Man Who Never Cried on Vimeo.

Many trailers today give away too much for my tastes. To the point where for some films, I just have to skip the trailer altogether (as opposed to the films I skip after seeing the trailer). It does make it all the more interesting when, after seeing the film, I get to experience the trailer for the first time. Come to think of it...I still haven't seen the Super 8 Trailer.



okay, well now I'm even more glad I didn't see the trailer beforehand. While it started off strong and I liked the fact that it built up the mystery, it still gave away too many visuals for my taste. Now I kinda want to see the film again.

But the 2011 "thank you for not giving too much away" award goes to Midnight In Paris

Now frankly after seeing this trailer, I'm not sure it would've convinced me to see the film, but I love the fact they didn't give away the magic, better to let us discover that in the theatah. I also don't think the people who are keeping Woody Allen in business care too much about the trailers. In the end MiP rates right up there with Bullets over Broadway. And he's not in either of them hmmmmm...




No comments:

Post a Comment